[QGIS-Developer] Cannot load QGIS source code in QTCreator

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Wed Nov 14 03:26:10 PST 2018

Hi,
I'm trying to load the master branch of QGIS into QTCreator following the
instructions at
https://www.qgis.org/it/site/getinvolved/development/qgisdevelopersguide/qtcreator.html
Trying to load the CMakeLists.txt file fails immediately, and I get this in
the console:

Running "/usr/bin/cmake -E server --pipe=/tmp/cmake-TWdPXn/socket
--experimental" in /home/aaime/tmp/qgis-build.

CMake Project parsing failed.

Parsing of CMake project failed: Connection to CMake server lost.

I've only found this ticket searching the internet, unfortunately, it
contains no workaround:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-20972

My environment is a Linux Mint 19, which should be based on Ubuntu Bionic
(I've setup the dependencies as per docs on bionic distros).

Does anyone know of workarounds to use QTCreator?

Or, should I look at setting up using a different IDE?

Cheers

Andrea

== GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf
Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa
(LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549
http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
------------------------------------------------------- *Con riferimento
alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 -
Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni
circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali
allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i
destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per
errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le
sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679
“GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information
herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail.*