[QGIS-Developer] Cannot load QGIS source code in QTCreator

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Nov 14 13:29:11 PST 2018

On 11/14/18 12:26 PM, Andrea Aime wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to load the master branch of QGIS into QTCreator following the
> instructions at
> https://www.qgis.org/it/site/getinvolved/development/qgisdevelopersguide/qtcreator.html
> Trying to load the CMakeLists.txt file fails immediately, and I get this in
> the console:
>
> Running "/usr/bin/cmake -E server --pipe=/tmp/cmake-TWdPXn/socket
> --experimental" in /home/aaime/tmp/qgis-build.
>
> CMake Project parsing failed.
>
> Parsing of CMake project failed: Connection to CMake server lost.
>

> I've only found this ticket searching the internet, unfortunately, it
> contains no workaround:
>
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-20972
>

> My environment is a Linux Mint 19, which should be based on Ubuntu Bionic
> (I've setup the dependencies as per docs on bionic distros).
>

> Does anyone know of workarounds to use QTCreator?
>
> Or, should I look at setting up using a different IDE?

Hi Andrea,

Mmm, I'm running & debugging QGIS in
Qt Creator 4.7.2
Based on Qt 5.11.2 (GCC 8.2.0, 64 bit)
On Debian Testing

And for what I know most people who use an ide to compile QGIS use
QtCreator. Never seen your error message.

Are you sure you have all dependecies? Are you able to just compile it
just using cmake or ninja?

If it helps, this is current configure for me:

 ccmake -GNinja -DBUILD_TESTING=FALSE -DENABLE_TESTS=OFF
-DWITH_SERVER=TRUE -DWITH_3D=TRUE
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/richard/bin/qgis/master/debug
-DWITH_QWTPOLAR=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
-DGDAL_CONFIG=/home/richard/bin/gdal/bin/gdal-config
-DQT5_3DEXTRA_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt53DExtras.so
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/home/richard/git/qgis/external/qt3dextra-headers/cmake
-DQT5_3DEXTRA_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/richard/git/qgis/external/qt3dextra-headers
..

Anybody else here seen this msg's, or can help Andrea?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde