[QGIS-Developer] Geometry no showing on 3.4.1 on Windows 10, but working fine on linux or 2.18

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 22 03:48:47 PST 2018

On 22/11/2018 12:19, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having this strange error on Windows, where a layer(shapefile) will
> not show specific geometry in QGIS 3.4. Nevertheless, the same layer
> works fine on QGIS 3.4 on Linux.

I have just observed the same with QGIS 2.18.25.
Actually, I have seen this with both GeoTIFF
and Shapefile data sources. The extent is
correctly read from the data, the attributes and
feature counts are also ok, but no geometries are
visible. This does not happen with QGIS 2.18.24.
And it also does not happen on macOS. It affects
only some Shapefiles, but so far I fail to see
a pattern. What I can say, is that the problem
is not random: If a Shapefile does not display
on a Windows machine with 2.18.25, then it will
be the same with any other Windows machine
running that version of QGIS.

I can also confirm that exporting a Shapefile
(using "Layer->Save As") from 2.18.24 (Windows)
will make it work with 2.18.25. I suspect a
problem with the  GDAL/OGR libs shipped with the
latest Windows binaries.

Best,

Ben

> It also opens fine on windows if one uses QGIS 2.18. Saving the file in
> 2.18 (or on Linux) fixes it for QGIS 3.4 on Windows. Using the geometry
> checker, no errors were found on the geometry.
>
> Can this be a possble bug on Windows? Or some option that I might have
> activated?
>
> Here's a link for the data.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/47grcp7i24gkley/espaco_verde.zip?dl=0
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexandre Neto
>

> --
> Alexandre Neto

Dr. Benjamin Ducke
Deutsches Archäologisches Institut (DAI)
Zentrale Berlin, IT-Referat
* Projekt "Stunde Null" *