[QGIS-Developer] provide an exe with a plugin

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 01:08:22 PDT 2018

I would say yes because all your code is free, but, in this moment, we
don't have (in plugin manager) a way to verify md5 or sha check sum to
verify that the executable you attach is exactly the original one.
I would suggest to refactor your code to do post download of executables.
Remember there are also processing toolbox components to allow download
files. I Would do a post setup of the plugin asking the user the permission
to download further executables.

so, resuming, IMHO the answer, is NO it's not possible :( but I would be
open to any qgis improvement that could facilitate this cases.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
*