[QGIS-Developer] Min qt version for 3.6?

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Wed Oct 24 13:52:06 PDT 2018

Hi Nyall (Ubuntu user here),

regarding ubuntu 16, I think it's negligible, it is not the latest LTS
anymore it is scheduled for EOL in april 2021 and QGIS 3.4 is planned to
be in LTR until February 2020. so if somebody wants/has to to stick with
a 5yo OS, I guess it should be ok in staying one year more with QGIS 3.4.

moving to Qt > 5.7 will also bean loosing support for Debian Stretch,
which I also think is negligible since it includes 2.18 by default and
Debian 10 should come out around mid 2019 [1] meaning by when the next
QGIS LTR (3.10?) is out  Debian 10 will be the current stable. I hope
this all makes sense.

I cant comment for other distro but IIRC Fedora 27 already has QT 5.9.6

To me would be a +1 but probably, would be nice to get Jef opinion?

Cheers

Marco

[1] https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-10-Mid-2019