[QGIS-Developer] Changelog for 3.4?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:32:35 PDT 2018

Hi list,

I've spent some time this morning working on adding "shell" entries
for all features added to 3.4 to the changelog. But honestly, the
changelog is in horrible shape given that we're heading to release in
a couple of days. Most entries are severly lacking detail, and we've
almost no screenshots.

This is a call to action -- please fix up your features and make sure
their entries are nicely populated and correct!

Also - I've got to say, I'm rather annoyed at how bad our FEATURE
commit messages were during 3.4. There's way too many vague messages
like "[feature] Improve handling of data" with absolutely no detail
provided at all. I don't envy the job the documentation team has to do
to find out exactly what the features are here. Really -- there's no
excuse for this, it's just plain laziness on our (us developers)
behalf and needs to change in 3.6.

Nyall