[QGIS-Developer] Feature freeze / exemptions

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Sep 5 00:13:03 PDT 2018

Thanks Paolo

On 09/05/2018 09:02 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi Matthias
>

> Il 09/05/2018 08:35 AM, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
>> I think the approach to let voting members decide as we did last time
>> (https://www.loomio.org/d/38Aiya0q/3-0-soft-freeze-exemptions) works fine.
>>
>>  * This committee includes several technical members
>>  * Everyone is free to vote or not, based on self-evaluation of knowledge
> it makes sense to me - perhaps this should be particularly stressed in
> the voting question, otherwise people will feel obliged to vote (which
> often means +1) even when they cannot grasp the implication.

Yes, we can state that explicitly.

In the past, e.g. here
https://www.loomio.org/p/BPc3Wj6l/duplicate-feature-redigitized we had
33% participation. Not sure what the reason for abstaining was, one
assumption would be that many did not feel comfortable enough to make a
decision. Or pure lazyness or disinterest ;P