[QGIS-Developer] Discussing default snapping and node editing settings

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) carlo.bertelli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:39:56 PDT 2018

If the most frequent case is snapping to the same or to one or two other
layers, is not a good idea to ask the user to resort to advanced settings.
The proposed idea to put the choice of  layers in the basic snapping
options seems a reasonable solution IMHO.
About WFS - but this is true for remote geodatabases with slow connections
- indexing should happen on the current canvas with a clear limit on zoom
level: snapping to at little scale is dangerous, you will never understand
if you snapped to the right now or to something that is hidden behind a
simplification artefact.
A possible solution is viewing an enlarged area about three or four times
the confidence circle and indexing inside it in real time.