[QGIS-Developer] qgis2web and qtwebkit?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Sep 17 02:16:36 PDT 2018

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 17. Sep 2018 at 01:24:10 -0700, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> - as a Windows user, I don't fully understand the underlying issues (eg is
> it QtWebkit itself or its Python bindings?)

>From the distance past: The python bindings for webkit were removed for Qt4
from Debian as the underlying library was going to be removed, because of it
being unmaintained upstream and it therefore becoming an security headache
eventually.

For the affected versions of Debian (and Ubuntu) the QGIS package includes the
bindings for the still existing library.

So it's not an issue for plugins if our packages are used.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode