[QGIS-Developer] Bug #21460?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Apr 9 02:35:40 PDT 2019

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 09. Apr 2019 at 10:25:49 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> predecessors uuid[] DEFAULT ARRAY[]::uuid[],
> And the "uuid[]" is not a very common type in the gis world.
>
> If I'm correct '{""}' (what QGIS now uses for NULL values if the column
> has an array type) is a textual representation of an array with one
> string in it. Would it be better to do '{null}' or even '{}' instead?
> Can you try to create an update query with '{null}' and '{}' values in
> the empty array fields?
> And add these queriies to the bug report?

What I found looking into a fix for that that is that we also represent json as
map (the table also has json), like hstores.

And later produce hstores from maps - which is obviously isn't json.  That
could be changed by simply applying to_json on the produced hstore when
inserting or updating.

Doing that I got doubts about the current implementation as hstores apparently
can only be simple key/value maps and cannot - unlike json - be nested.

So nested json data might not currently read correctly either and we should
better be using text instead of a map for json or check whether if our support
for maps in the ui consideres nested or make it configurable how json is
handled.

But that's where I left off.

Jürgen

PS: That was after the initial gentle ping - if it started like the second
    response, I might not have looked at it at all - although that effectively
    doesn't make much difference.

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de