[QGIS-Developer] Can I backport bugfix with UI updates and fixing QGIS Server regression

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 03:05:34 PDT 2019

Hi Dev,

I have worked on fixing a regression in QGIS Server.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/9692

This regression exists in QGIS 3.4 but has been fixed by Nyall in QGIS
3.6 by fixing an other issue.
The issue fixed by Nyall was *Layout export - raster divided into tiles,
edges evident in pdf/svg* https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19500
The issue has been found in QGIS 3.2. It has been fixed in QGIS 3.6 but
the fix has not been backported to QGIS 3.4.
I suppose that the backport has not been done because the fix updates
the User Interface. https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/9016

I would like to know if I can backport all the commits made by Nyall to
fix issue 19500 even if it updates the User Interface ?

I think that this backport has to be done in QGIS 3.4 to fix a desktop
issue and a server regression because it is the LTR version, but I need
to know if it's the right thing to do.

René-Luc