[QGIS-Developer] Project files translation

Matteo Ghetta matteo.ghetta at faunalia.eu
Fri Apr 12 03:11:20 PDT 2019

> Correct. The main open question there is if the side car files should be
> inside the qgz or next to it. Both have advantages and disadvantages and
> therefore it was left out of the first implementation for a follow up
> step with a clearer path.

ok
>> * when using a field within an algorithm (e.g. a buffer with variable
>> distance) the name displayed are the original and not the translated
> What exactly are you referring too here?
> In general: everything that is translatable needs to be added one by one
> (see https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/90) and
> will also need to be added incrementally as things appear in the future.
> Especially expressions are hard to do.
> The focus of the initial project was mainly on forms and legend.

I imagined that the main focus was related to legend and forms. What I
mean is that if you run a Processing algorithm and you want to use a
field of the source layer (e.g. a variable distance buffer where the
distance should be taken from a layer field), the list of the field
shown in the alg UI is not the translated one, but the source one

> There is no work going on right now.

got it, thanks!

Matteo