[QGIS-Developer] How calculate sequential values based on spatial pattern

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Wed Apr 17 09:18:37 PDT 2019

Hi Ana,

Your question is more related with QGIS usage. This list is mostly for
QGIS development. Can you please use the "QGIS-user" [1] list for this
issue?

In QGIS-user you will get a broader audience of power users that can
recommend you simple tricks (like sorting the points using an expression
on x and y). Here [QGIS-Develpment] you can end by writing C++ code ;-)

Good luck,

Jorge Gustavo

Às 15:03 de 16/04/19, Ana María Munevar Díaz escreveu:
> Hi!
> I need your help. I need to Create a numbers sequentially in a "Points
> shapefile"  with a spacial pattern.
> For example, the point number 1 start northwestern and the next  numbers
> points will be order from west to east. For the next row (to South)
> going  from west to east too.
> And so on, the values points increase to the south. Therefore the last
> point will be in the southeast.
> For now I'm doing manual but it is around 1,000 points!
>
> I hope that you understand my situation. Can you help me? I could send
> you the shapefile with an example better explained
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ana

J. Gustavo
--