[QGIS-Developer] non-standard-library Python modules available to QGIS plugins

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Apr 23 05:53:54 PDT 2019

Hi Raphael,

On Tue, 23. Apr 2019 at 14:41:26 +0200, Raphael Das Gupta wrote:
> I don't quite understand. (Maybe there's just a full-stop missing in your
> message between "are" and "It's"?) Are you saying that the dependencies of
> python3-qgis are "documented" (and that they are "documented" in
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/debian/control.in#L370) or are you
> saying that these dependencies actually are the "documentation" of what
> Python modules QGIS plugins are allowed to rely on (and implying that no
> other (or no more official) documentation/specification about that topic
> exists)?

Yes, control.in lists the dependencies that installed with the (debian) package
- and those are the only ones you can actually rely on (installing via pip
might not work everywhere and shouldn't be done anyway for packages the
distribution already can provide).

I don't know of any other documentation (except for the osgeo4w qgis-full*
setup.hint files - that are essentially the same thing [0]) - and if there was
it would problably be old and out of sync.

Jürgen

[0] http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/release/qgis/

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode