[QGIS-Developer] On github, gitlab, and imperialist nations screwing us all over...

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:14:33 PDT 2019

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 00:40, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 02:26:04PM +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>
> > I think at the least we could/should endorse an official, read-only
> > repo mirror which isn't affected by the trade laws, e.g.
> > https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/qgis/QGIS would be a great candidate
>
> Latest Gitea release (1.9.0) introduced support for also migrating
> issues/pull-requests/labels/milestone/wiki/releases from a github
> project. I'd be happy to try that out if anyone can give me
> credentials to hit the API to do so (drop me a note).

Sandro - can you confirm that osgeo infrastructure isn't subject to
the same trade restrictions as github and gitlab.com?

My understanding is that it WOULD be, given that osgeo is a US based
organisation. And if so, osgeo isn't a solution here, and we need
something based in a less early-19th-century region of the world.

Nyall