[QGIS-Developer] On github, gitlab, and imperialist nations screwing us all over...

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Aug 6 07:40:41 PDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 02:26:04PM +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> I think at the least we could/should endorse an official, read-only
> repo mirror which isn't affected by the trade laws, e.g.
> https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/qgis/QGIS would be a great candidate

Latest Gitea release (1.9.0) introduced support for also migrating
issues/pull-requests/labels/milestone/wiki/releases from a github
project. I'd be happy to try that out if anyone can give me
credentials to hit the API to do so (drop me a note).

Release announcement: https://blog.gitea.io/2019/07/gitea-1.9.0-is-released/
Open platform running that version: https://gitea.com (I already
created a QGIS organization there, ping me if you want permissions)

--strk;