[QGIS-Developer] GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement: Week 11 Report

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 16:18:43 PDT 2019

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 06:54, Ismail Sunni <imajimatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear QGIS developers,
>
> Here is my 11th-week report for my GSoC Project[4]. You can also check the project wiki page [2]. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)
>
> GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement Week 11 Report
>
> Period: 5 August 2019 - 11 August 2019
>
> Report
> 1. What did I complete this week?
>    - Fixing transparency for the billboard to make it smoother on the edge. It looks better than the previous result, but still not as smooth as I expected

More and more your work is revealing that we'll eventually need to
tackle this issue head on, and implement proper opacity support in the
3d renderer. Everything else is going to be just a hack which won't
work in all circumstances. I'd suggest not spending much more time on
this issue given this (current) inherent limitation.

> 2. What am I going to achieve for next week?
>    - Solve using a symbol from QgsSymbolButton

I looked over your branch, and it seems the issue is in saving and
restoring the symbol, not the retrieval of the symbol from the button.
Is that correct?

Nyall