[QGIS-Developer] GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement: Week 12 Report

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 01:01:16 PDT 2019

Hi there

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 9:52 AM Ismail Sunni <imajimatika at gmail.com> wrote:

>> In the video I see a circle that is cut in half, it is right?
>

> Yes, it seems so. I am not sure either since sometimes it happens sometimes it's not. I also opened the same project with QGIS 3.8.1, it shows the same thing. Perhaps the problem is already there (not related to the feature that I develop) or the project that I have. I haven't checked further. See: https://imgur.com/a/cisqkiX

Right, that is independent from what Ismail has been working on. Those
"cut" circles are a texture on the terrain. Because the project extent
is very small, the circles are not fully drawn.

Generally when using 3D renderers it is useful to set null 2D renderer
to such layers to avoid the confusion of having a single feature
rendered twice... And also it is useful to also have some background
map so in the 3D scene it is clear where the scene starts and where it
ends :-)

Cheers
Martin