[QGIS-Developer] Issue priorization for bugfixing: go flag your favorite issues

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 01:39:03 PDT 2019

Thanks Matthias, thanks for this, as of course it *is* the eright thing to
do,

I only hope that next time this will be at least announced a little bit
more in advance other than a Saturday morning, during August, at the start
of the dev meeting.

I did in the past several "priority lists" and it takes a while to decide,
togther with you developers, what is worth prioritizing and what not.

Speaking  about that, and just to clear air about a thread on a similar
subject in the PSC list:

There is no "paranoia" (I kindly ask stop using this word around this
matter) about/around regressions. Regressions *always break someone
workflow*, and it is not about you or me to decide if not fixing them (who
are me/you to decide that someone else workflow is not important?). They
should be always fixed, at least in our LTR release (and also thanks to
Sandro Santilli for basically saying the same thing).

As someone else said is not true that a "bug is a bug": while certainly
there are issues that is not easy to classify if they impact a lot or not,
the vast majoity is easy to to say if they are important or not. Do not
confound the fact that maybe a ticket do not gets much attention or
comments: just a few people actually do that (file tickets, comment), part
of them were also educated to have faith and expect fixes (of important
issues) at least in the upcoming LTR releases, sometimes just to wait in
vain (just because the the paid bug fixing effort do not comes with any
sort of priority list).

have fun there

-- G --