[QGIS-Developer] Travis build timeouts

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 13:53:56 PDT 2019

Greetings everyone,

I've been noticing that most builds today timeout, usually building and
testing take some time but today the build time are far higher than some
days ago.

I'm wondering if we should increase the timeout to 3 hours (it timeout
after around 2:26 hours) or if there is a way to use ccache and only
compile files that were changed instead of compiling the whole project when
there is the slightest change.

With out ever-expanding codebase things don't seem to scale well.

I just wanted to start an internal discussion between members of the
project regarding this issue.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Alex