[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2019 - Final Report - QGIS 3D Improvement: On-Screen Navigation, Bookmarks, Rendering Point Feature as Billboard, and Measuring Tool

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 02:47:54 PDT 2019

Thanks, Helmut, Paolo, Tim, and Harrisou :)

> If I may, is there a plan to have the feature(s) documented for the QGIS
> 3D users in the official User manual (or any end user oriented
> documentation)? I think it would greatly complete the work.
> 3D in QGIS is (one of) the least documented area in the official user
> manual. I'm not asking you to fill the gap but..

I will try to make the documentation for them. Is it ok if I put it in this
part:
https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_gui.html#d-map-view
couldn't find 3D specific part in the documentation.

I am currently trying to build the documentation locally :)

Btw, I can't find some of the features you developed, in the doc issues
> (only 3d measure is listed).

The billboard rendering PR is merged this morning, the doc issue is in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/4154

For on-screen navigation, I am not sure. It should be created automatically
if we put a feature label, right? The original PR is
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/30105 Or must it be a tag [feature] in
the title?

Best regards.