[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2019 - Final Report - QGIS 3D Improvement: On-Screen Navigation, Bookmarks, Rendering Point Feature as Billboard, and Measuring Tool

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 03:54:38 PDT 2019

Hi Ismail, all

Le mar. 27 août 2019 à 11:48, Ismail Sunni <imajimatika at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Thanks, Helmut, Paolo, Tim, and Harrisou :)
>>

>> If I may, is there a plan to have the feature(s) documented for the QGIS
>> 3D users in the official User manual (or any end user oriented
>> documentation)? I think it would greatly complete the work.
>> 3D in QGIS is (one of) the least documented area in the official user
>> manual. I'm not asking you to fill the gap but..
>

> I will try to make the documentation for them. Is it ok if I put it in
> this part:
> https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_gui.html#d-map-view I
> couldn't find 3D specific part in the documentation.
>
> Thanks. Yes that's the only place we documented it, for the moment. At
some stage, I think it would deserve its own chapter which will make it
easier to find for users but we need to feed it beforehand.

> I am currently trying to build the documentation locally :)
>
> I hope you succeeded. If ever you had some troubles, keep us informed so
that we improve it (the easier/smoother the build is, the better)

> Btw, I can't find some of the features you developed, in the doc issues
>> (only 3d measure is listed).
>

> The billboard rendering PR is merged this morning, the doc issue is in
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/4154
>
> Yep. Got the notification.

> For on-screen navigation, I am not sure. It should be created
> automatically if we put a feature label, right? The original PR is
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/30105 Or must it be a tag [feature] in
> the title?
>
> [feature] in the title or in a merged commit is the trigger. If you plan
to tackle this issue in the current process, then having no report is not
an issue. Otherwise a manual creation is still possible.

Thanks for helping. And if ever you struggle in the steps, let us know, We
are looking for feedbacks from new contributors on our processes.

Regards,
Harrissou

>>> http://planet.qgis.org/planet/user/28/tag/qgis%20board/