[QGIS-Developer] Profile plugins

Radoslaw Guzinski radosuav at op.pl
Sat Aug 31 11:09:16 PDT 2019

Hi Paolo,

I am the developer of "Temporal/Spectral Profile Tool" and I am afraid that
Calvin misunderstood the purpose of this plugin. As stated on the plugin
description it is for "interactive plotting of temporal or spectral
information stored in multi-band rasters". This is a different use-case than
plotting a profile along a DEM. More details are on the plugin's GitHub page
[1]. It was based on the Profile Tool code because I wanted to keep a
consistent UI. This is no longer the case and when I have more time I might
try to rework the GUI to return the consistency. But I don't think that it
makes much sense to combine the two plugins into one.

Cheers
Rado

[1]
https://github.com/DHI-GRAS/qgis-temporal-profile#temporalspectral-profile-tool