[QGIS-Developer] Processing: questions on temporary files

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:19:48 PST 2019

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 17:35, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a FlatGeoBuf [0], probably we can use it or at least get some ideas.
>
> [0] https://github.com/bjornharrtell/flatgeobuf

FlatGeoBuf indeed looks very exciting!

But to be honest, I think an easier path would be just to directly
serialize the qgis features to disk -- we already have
QgsFeature::operator<< and >> to read and write features to data
streams (without loss of any information), so we could utilise those
during the disk read/write.

Nyall