[QGIS-Developer] QGIS packages build against ubuntugis-unstable dependencies

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Dec 6 01:24:20 PST 2019

Hi Ben Hur,

On Fri, 06. Dec 2019 at 14:41:27 +0800, Ben Hur Pintor wrote:
> Am I correct in thinking that rebuilding QGIS against the
> ubuntugis-unstable dependencies would solve this issue?

Yes, that would be the last option from the note in the debian/ubuntu section:

"""
The release packages are only produced once shortly after a new version has
been released. As unstable, not yet released debian versions (testing) and
ubuntugis-unstable can have library changes the packages might sooner or later
be broken for these targets, when the development in debian, ubuntu or
ubuntugis-unstable moves on and their packages used as dependencies in qgis
change. In that event you can either

* move to a stable debian version and use the released packages for it,
* wait for the next point release (due 2019-12-06 12:00:00 UTC), which happens
  every month and will include the updated dependencies,
* switch to a nightly repository (available for the two release branches and
  master) whose packages are rebuild on regular basis and will also pickup the
  updated dependencies automatically or
* build your own set of packages (see INSTALL).
"""

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode