[QGIS-Developer] osgeo4w's qgis-dev package broken, proj_7_0.dll missing

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Dec 6 04:00:18 PST 2019

> > Great work!!

+1 !

> Thanks.  GDAL 2 and prøj 5 are now separate packages - prøj 5 being built
> statically and shipping with it's own files, although it's actually using
> the files from prøj 6 at runtime (as that's where also the grids are) - but
> those are identical except for ITRF2005 where +ds=-0.00008 is instead of
> +ds=-0.000008 - and I guess that's a fix).

Yes, a unfortunate Unicode minus sign that has been corrected to ASCII minus
sign. Definitely a fix that also applies to PROJ 5. Anyway that only affects
people playing manually with +init=ITRF2005, which I suspect are only happy
fews.

Just want to warn in advance that a potential future PROJ 7 that would use
grids in GeoTIFF format instead of GTX/NTv2 is something likely, and you will
*not* want PROJ 5 to use such grids... But at that time, QGIS 3.4 will be
retired hopefully.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com