[QGIS-Developer] What to do about GDAL and PROJ for 3.10.2?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Dec 19 00:00:13 PST 2019

Hi,

I also think we should postpone or skip the release in the current
situation.

But it would be good, if we would communicate it to our users with the
various channels we have (release road map, blog post, news feed).

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2019-12-19 08:00, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Il 19/12/19 07:57, Nyall Dawson ha scritto: On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 16:51, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
> thanks for clarifying this. Wouldn't it be reasonable to ask gdal+proj
> teams to release a new fixed version ASAP? Even if we fix this in the
> Windows installer, where we (Juergen) have full control, we'll still
> have issues on other OSs where we cannot control dependencies.
> We can, but I don't honestly see that happening before Christmas (it
> is the holiday season after all!)
 In this case I don't see a major problem in postponing a point release,
or even skipping it until the next one - am I wrong?
Cheers.