[QGIS-Developer] NITF Metadata in QGIS

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:56:09 PST 2019

I have a user that would like to have all the metadata from a NITF image
available in QGIS. It appears that QGIS does not read it even though I can
see it when I run gdalinfo in he OSGeo4W Shell. I haven't investigated this
too much but is image metadata completely ignored in QGIS or is it ignored
just for NITF images? It is going to become increasingly more important
that metadata is properly supported for QGIS to enter more commercial
markets.

Do you have any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks,

Calvin