[QGIS-Developer] Windows only version of a QGIS 2.18x plugin

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:03:03 PST 2019

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 00:03, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't think that the supported platforms of a plugin should be a limitation for publishing it in the QGIS repository. If it's useful for a high number of users, why not?
>
> To me the only important thing to do, is to inform the users of any OS restriction, so that people don't waste time trying to make the plugin work in a non supported platform.

Here's another consideration:

What about plugins which target a particular OS, based on features
which are SOLELY available to that operating system?

I'm thinking something like a (theoretical) plugin which enables use
of the Mac "touch bar" in QGIS. It's only EVER going to be of use
under MacOS, yet I'm sure those users would very much value this
plugin and not want to see it held back because Windows/Linux don't
support touch bars...

Nyall