[QGIS-Developer] Windows only version of a QGIS 2.18x plugin

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:44:15 PST 2019

Hi,

Personally I don't see any reason to not allow it in official repo and
there is support for that here as IMO there is nothing bad here and nothing
should force people to work 100% on all platforms all the time because that
is a hell of a lot of work that is hard even for skilled developers.

I appreciate everyone trying to work out a method to allow this to run
cross-platform and a avoid a Windows-only solution, and in a perfect world
that is what we all want, but in this case, it won't work out and I think
having it in the official repo is better than not in this case as it allows
for better user experience for the target users..  If we can get it running
cross-platform by adding stuff to QGIS in future so be it  and we
can reevaluate at that point but I think we need to support this plugin in
this case as it's not how it is.

Regards,
Nathan