[QGIS-Developer] Limitation of symbology?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Feb 12 01:57:09 PST 2019

Hi Andreas,
thanks for your reply,

On 12/02/19 10:47, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Why combine rule based renderer with heatmaps? What's the use case?

having a heatmap when showing full map, replaced by symbols when zooming in.

> It is not true that you can only use simple markers with rule-based
> symbology. All the symbol levels can be combined with the rule based
> renderer (e.g. a simple fill, with a marker line on top of it and a
> centroid on top of it and a geometry generator with some formula on top
> of it.)

I can see this for lines and polygons, not with points

> If you need a heatmap with different filters, you can have the same data
> source used in several layers with different filters applied - if this
> is what you want?

Of course I can load the same layer several times, and apply different
symbology activating each layer at different scale, as we did before the
rule-based renderer, but this is cumbersome and inefficient.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: