[QGIS-Developer] How Create regularly spaced, defined # of points within polygon?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 14 14:09:05 PST 2019

On 2/14/19 4:54 PM, Apoyo Carbono wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I want also to Create regularly spaced, defined # of points within
> polygon in QGIS, does exist any plugin for this?
>
> I could do it with an Arcgis's extension called ET GEOWIZARD (Uniform
> points in polygons) , but I need to do in QGIS!! Can you help me?
>
> Postscript: I'm sorry for my translate to  english. I'm learning it.

Hi,

There are probably other ways to (this is the que for other to chime in
:-) ), but for QGIS 2.x I created a simple plugin which does this: fill
one or more selected polygons with a grid or diamond shape of points (or
follow a line and put trenches on it).

I created it for a customer, so not sure if it fits your plan (there is
no way to tell the exact number of points for example. But you can find
it in the plugin manager (of QGIS 2.x only):

http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/FeatureGridCreator/

Docs:

https://rduivenvoorde.github.io/featuregridcreator/FeatureGridCreator/help/html/en/

If it is something you could use, let me know, if I find time I'll try
to create a QGIS3 version for it.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde