[QGIS-Developer] How Create regularly spaced, defined # of points within polygon?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:22:50 PST 2019

You can use the create grid algorithm, which allow a grid of points and
then intersect with the polygons layer:

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectorcreation.html#create-grid

I haven't tried but it may be possible to use a layer features for extent.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto

A qui, 14/02/2019, 22:09, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
escreveu:

> On 2/14/19 4:54 PM, Apoyo Carbono wrote:
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > I want also to Create regularly spaced, defined # of points within
> > polygon in QGIS, does exist any plugin for this?
> >
> > I could do it with an Arcgis's extension called ET GEOWIZARD (Uniform
> > points in polygons) , but I need to do in QGIS!! Can you help me?
> >
> > Postscript: I'm sorry for my translate to  english. I'm learning it.
>
> Hi,
>
> There are probably other ways to (this is the que for other to chime in
> :-) ), but for QGIS 2.x I created a simple plugin which does this: fill
> one or more selected polygons with a grid or diamond shape of points (or
> follow a line and put trenches on it).
>
> I created it for a customer, so not sure if it fits your plan (there is
> no way to tell the exact number of points for example. But you can find
> it in the plugin manager (of QGIS 2.x only):
>
> http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/FeatureGridCreator/
>
> Docs:
>

> https://rduivenvoorde.github.io/featuregridcreator/FeatureGridCreator/help/html/en/
>
> If it is something you could use, let me know, if I find time I'll try
> to create a QGIS3 version for it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Alexandre Neto