[QGIS-Developer] Download the QGIS User Manual HTML Files

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Feb 18 08:10:32 PST 2019

On 18/02/2019 16.24, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the QGIS options, there is a list of alternative help paths to search
> for documentation.
>
> Is there a zip file (or other means) available to download these docs to
> keep them locally? I failed to find something.

Hi Matthias,

Nope, nothing available. The idea is/was that we add an extra step in
the build Makefile to just zip the language build and rsync it to the
docs server, OR to another download server.

One thing to note is that we (maybe Alexander Neto has better details)
do not have separated builds/image directories for all the docs in the
documentation tree (Documentation, PythonCookbook, Gentle Gis Intro, Doc
Guidelines).
I created a zip from this nights build for you:
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/qgisdocs_en.zip  (183Mb)

I would be happy to split this up though.
My idea was to let people choose to download one language (for the
non-testing builds).
I was hoping that we could leave it zipped on the file-system and be
able to view in either in users browser OR in an embedded webkit widget
or so.

Regards,

Richard