[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Request for Change of UserAgent

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Sat Feb 23 10:41:32 PST 2019

Hi Richard,

I don't think without more information it's clear precisely what QGIS
should change to help them?

Indeed, personally I'm still not sure what the current problem is for
them. I get that they have some over-users of their service and need to
curtail this (a very tricky problem), but what's their current solution
and how does a user-agent change help it?

I'd suggest against QGIS using different user-agents for destinations as
was suggested earlier in the thread because down that road lies madness
(it's a highly opaque thing that /will/ bite people as they try and
debug issues).

Cheers,

Jonathan