[QGIS-Developer] QGS UTM <==> WGS84 Formatted String Conversion

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 07:39:17 PST 2019

I there an API call in QGIS that will take a UTM formatted string (ie 11N
345567 432145) and convert it to a lat and lon as well as going the other
direction? It certainly supports the UTM projections but I don't see this
conversion. There are python libraries have have this in them.

The reason I ask is that there is interest in this being a part of Lat Lon
Tools and I would like to find the easiest way to do this.

Thanks,

Calvin