[QGIS-Developer] documentation rules (was [qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals] Translation of .qgs project files (#90))

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Jan 19 01:44:56 PST 2019

Hi all

On 18/01/19 22:58, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> But we aren't requiring that the code PR comes with a documentation
> PR, are we? I was thinking more that if the original code commit has a
> link to a blog post, the documentation team would have a detailed
> write up (likely with pictures) which they could use as a basis for
> the actual QGIS documentation to be written from.

I don't think we are enforcing this requirement - I'm in favour of doing
it anyway. Surely blog post can be a good source to understand how a
function works, but maybe we should ask to provide at least a short
description of how the function works, and at least a screeshot where
appropriate?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu