[QGIS-Developer] connecting to QgsNetworkAccessManagers signals

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jan 20 23:29:24 PST 2019

On 1/21/19 1:38 AM, Nyall Dawson wrote:

>> -1- now the plugin creates html-links in the Log Messages Panel, and
>> they are rendered as links, but you cannot CLICK them and open them in a
>> browser. I was hoping to be able to test the links by just clicking on
>> them. Anybody a clue?
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/8915

Cool Thanks Nyall!!

> Although -- I wonder if the log panel isn't the most appropriate here.
> Maybe time to resurrect some of Nathan's ideas for a "dev mode"
> switch, which opens a new set of chrome-style dev tools panels showing
> stuff like this.
>
> Could also integrate
> https://gist.github.com/nyalldawson/6168df740d01ce667fdcf12ef946084d -
> which is ripped from Martin's First Aid plugin and adds a dock showing
> python local variables.
>
>> -2- it would be nice if you can 'lock' a tab in the Log Messages panels,
>> so if you are looking at one tab, others will not pop up in front of the
>> (in your view) most interesting tab...

Yeah, I was just playing around a little with the possibilities. Logging
clickable links in the Message panels was just easiest to do (after
printing to python console :-) ).

I also tried to add (potentially) more info to the log, eg by showing
headers or the sent data if it is a POST, but my feeling is that a lot
of that isn't passed to either the QtReply or Response classes that we
receive via the signals?

I'm very much open to have a special 'debug' mode with firefox-style ;-)
panel (which potentially makes QGIS slower). And I really like Martin's
First Aid plugin too.

But have to dive into this a lot more then: mix the Python Console with
some advance html for the network logs? Or create our own qt based debug
window/panel?
Maybe create a QEP for it, so we can discuss this further in public? I
can do that (or Nathan if he thinks he already thought about this a lot).

I was hoping that the 3 linse of change in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/8907 could be seen as a bug to land in
3.6 :-)
But this plugin is then a first step and can be obsolete when we have
more... for OWS-service users I think this simple setup already is a
cool start.

Thanks all for input and help!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde