[QGIS-Developer] Why is .qgz the default format?

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:13:05 PST 2019

On windows, the user with an accent in the account name can create the
project as a QGZ file but can't  save the updated project as a QGZ file.

In the list provided by
Paolo,https://issues.qgis.org/projects/qgis/issues?category_id=35&set_filter=1&sort=id%3Adesc&status_id=o&subproject_id=%21%2A
, a number of issues deriving from accent and qgz file:
* all layers gone when reopen *.qgZ as User „Jörn“
* Project which are saved with special characters in the filename and
with the qgz extension are blank
* Special Characters in Project-Names saved as Qgz-Files do not work
/qgz as default

René-Luc