[QGIS-Developer] $scale vs @map_scale - QGIS v2 vs v3

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jan 21 22:56:30 PST 2019

Hi Nyall,

Thanks. It is not about myself - I can live with it - but I fear many
others who migrate might run into the same issue.

Ideally the old code could still work through the alias, but the $scale
wouldn't be listed anymore in the expression editor - so it wouldn't be
advertised anymore. Is this the idea?

Anyway - thanks a lot for adding this alias!

I found projects in our organization where $scale was used >500 times
within the project - used in lots of CASE WHEN END statements for
defining stroke-widths and font-sizes depending on scale ranges in
various layer configuration.

Andreas