[QGIS-Developer] Backporting right-to-left legend work?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 20:05:44 PDT 2019

Hi list,

Just looking for opinions on whether the recent work done enabling
right-to-left language support in print layout legends is suitable for
backporting to 3.8.

My understanding is that this is a big issue for certain locales.

I'd classify the backport as medium risk. Legends are well covered by
unit tests (and the work included numerous additional tests), but
there was quite a bit of refactoring involved, so there's always a
chance of regressions.

Thoughts?

Nyall

(For reference - I can't backport this to 3.4 LTR, as features added
in 3.6 are a pre-requisite for the work)