[QGIS-Developer] Generated columns in PostgreSQL 12

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 10 07:21:46 PDT 2019

Hi,

Here is a quite interesting new feature in PostgreSQL 12:

https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/blog/generated-columns-in-postgresql-12/

It is similar to virtual columns in QGIS.

I suspect that users will want to use that new column type. What does
this mean for QGIS? I guess QGIS will have to detect this new column
type in the future and mark it as "immutable". So other columns are
read/write, but generated columns will be read only. Does QGIS already
support a concept like this where some columns are read/write and others
not?

Greetings,

Andreas