[QGIS-Developer] Changelog for 3.8! ARgh!

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Jul 15 22:29:08 PDT 2019

Hi Tim

On 6/23/19 8:37 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Matthias
>
>> On 21 Jun 2019, at 11:47, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch
>> <mailto:matthias at opengis.ch>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On 6/21/19 9:03 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> So yes we would be happy to pitch in to help here. Admire can help
>>> more immediately by getting this changelog ready and we can work
>>> with Anita (Hapsari) to get things in place to support PR githook
>>> thing-a-me-doodahs. (See my reply to OP)
>>
>> Great! I started with the changelog, but it's not even close to
>> finished, so whatever Admire gets too on Monday will be appreciated.
>> And of course whatever others get to meanwhile!
>>
>> Concerning the changelog, I think there are too possibilities:
>>
>>   * Integrate it into the service we are going to set up if the grant
>> proposal is accepted. This will already have some logic builtin to
>> cover things like also reacting to labels added after the PR is
>> merged etc.
>>
>>   * Bypass the grant proposal service and directly hook into the
>> github webhooks, which I think is what you propose.
>>

> Can you share the link again to your proposal?

Sure,

After some fiddling I finally found the link to the proposals again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VzgLJ-hy2GtcWrAy5geivhDDdXRGJUDcikCWUtXRe9k/edit#heading=h.cuzf1c5o2ciq

Basically the idea is to do pretty much the same thing as the GitHub
Backporting App (https://github.com/tibdex/backport#goal). The app will
listen to label changes and state (open/close) changes and open issues
on the docs repo accordingly, but could very well also call other REST
APIs upon such events. The result should be a fairly generic and open
source Github App, that can be installed on any repo and configured via
a yaml file inside the repo.

Best regards

Matthias