[QGIS-Developer] Control execution order of processing algorihtm postprocessors

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 16:19:35 PDT 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 01:37, Tejas L <tejvan at live.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I am writing a processing algorithm which uses multiple QgsProcessingLayerPostProcessorInterface based postprocessors to postprocess and load result layers.
>
> The post processing itself works fine, however I would like to control the execution order of post processors to get a particular final layer order in the QgsLayerTree.
>
> Is there a way to do it?

Not via existing API. But I think you could work around this by making
your post-processor also handle moving the layer's position in the
layer tree as desired? E.g. if each post processor has logic to check
where in the layer tree the layer has been inserted, and move it if
it's not in the desirable location with respect to other possible
layers, then the processors should be robust against execution
order...

Nyall