[QGIS-Developer] Crashes on exit

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 16:26:08 PDT 2019

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 16:52, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, in this case, the stack trace is wrong because of the lack of symbols.  The symbols could be installed with QGIS at the increase of package size but maybe we can do that for a while until we catch this issue.

I don't think the trace *is* wrong here. The recurring source of these
issues is that long-lived objects which have QgsCoordinateTransform
members are being cleaned up AFTER QgsApplication::exitQgis, where the
proj library handling is gracefully cleaned up. After
QgsApplication::exitQgis NOTHING should be accessing coordinate
transforms.

Actually I just had an idea for a potential workaround... let me see
if this works...

Nyall