[QGIS-Developer] GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement: Week 9 Report

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 12:00:19 PDT 2019

Dear QGIS developers,

Here is my 9th-week report for my GSoC Project[4]. You can also check the
project wiki page [2]. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement Week 9 Report

*Period*: 22 July 2019 - 29 July 2019

*Report*
1. What did I complete this week?
   - Fixed billboard size when changing the viewport.
   - Rendered the billboard (more) properly by discarding the transparent
pixel. It's not ideal, but it doesn't show a black area around the symbol
anymore.

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1421861/62011245-19e1da80-b176-11e9-8da4-df6f9bd6d004.jpg
   - Fixed the size of billboard shown (previously it's too small)
   - Filled 2nd phase evaluation
2. What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - Make the billboard shows symbol from user
3. Is there any blocking issue?
   - Currently, I am trying to use QgsSymbolButton, but it doesn't show up
when I ran QGIS. I did the usual workflow (promote a QToolButton to
QgsSymbolButton). I have checked that the object exists, but it's not shown
and no error message. See the empty area in the style panel next to the
`Billboard Symbol` label.
4. Code
   - Branch for billboard feature [1]
   - Repo for QT C++ billboard [3]
5. Misc
   - Currently in a block course (there is a class every day), so I had
less time to work on it this week and need to reschedule the weekly
meeting. It will finish this Thursday.
   - Thanks to Martin for helping me debug the rendering issue.