[QGIS-Developer] How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Jun 5 01:36:41 PDT 2019

On 6/5/19 10:26 AM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com
> <mailto:nyall.dawson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 18:11, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io
>     <mailto:strk at kbt.io>> wrote:
>     >
>     > On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:48:59AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>     >
>     > > Is there a way to manually re-assign the author of the
>     migrated ticket
>     > > from qgib back to myself?
>     >
>     > Not from the UI, and not sure GitHub will allow this (would imply
>     > rewriting history?).
>     >
>     > > Of course, it takes some time to learn a new system.
>     >
>     > Right, and all that time will be capitalized by GitHub as customers
>     > retention (nobody likes to learn new things, so people would feel
>     > more comfortable in staying there, rather than moving elsewhere).
>     >
>     > > I would say, because it is a really open system
>     >
>     > What do you mean here ?
>     >
>     > > it might even be harder to use than Redmine for new users who
>     never
>     > > used github before (except for the Mantra of course ;-) ).
>     >
>     > Just for the record: Redmine also allowed OpenID login, and
>     could have
>     > easily allowed github login as well (plugins did exist).
>     >
>     > > For developers, the github integration is definitely very nice
>     though.
>     >
>     > You mean commit logs linking back to tickes ?
>     >
>     > > But everything will be easier when we move from Github to
>     Gitlab ;-)
>     >
>     > Except learning curve will need to be taken once again...
>
>     And the many 10's of 1000s of $$ it will cost to migrate all the CI
>     and integration scripts. The values of those should never be
>     understated.
>

> IMO now that's dockerized it should not be that hard to move to
> another CI infrastructure (not that I'm proposing that now).

I think Nyall was talking about more than the CI, there are many scripts
and integrations running in the background on which we rely from day to
day, not just the CI.

The hours to migrate them would be immense. And the hours lost by people
because service X is no longer working although they had relied on it
must also not be ignored. It's just outsourced costs in the end.

Matthias