[QGIS-Developer] How can I find the tickets that I reported?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Jun 7 04:35:59 PDT 2019

Hi Tom,

On Fri, 07. Jun 2019 at 02:23:34 -0700, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> We all know that migrating to Github was a big decision. We know there were
> significant pros and cons, and that various core devs strongly disagreed with
> the decision. A clearer case of pragmatism versus idealism is not easy to
> find...

Where you see pragmatism and idealism is not obvious to me - nor why it's one
or the other.

github's ticket system is better integrated into github for sure, but whether
it's the better ticket system still needs to be proven.  And if it isn't, we
cannot integrated anything better - even if we wanted.  Still a lot of work was
invested to migrate from a ticket system, that was also working.

If you think the migration to github is pragmatic and sticking with the
previous working solution would have been "just" idealistic - which would be my
interpretation - then I disagree.

It's true: the decision has been taken and the migration has been done.  We
have to live it whether we like it or not - and maybe those who don't like it,
will learn to - we'll see.

There were pros and cons and even different opinions on what's what.  The
easiest way to end this discussion is to stop adding fuel to the fire by
unnecessarily reiterating still disputable or wrong arguments (eg. mantra,
pragmatism versus idealism).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode