[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server 2.x and caching question

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 11 09:28:41 PDT 2019

Hi all,

At my new work place we are running a 2.x QGIS server  which in two
projects behaves very strange: sometimes colors display in the color we
expected, sometimes really light. Then my colleagues discovered that
more than rules share the same UUID identifier, because the QGS files
have been copy pasted into a anew project and then aggregated again into
the same single project.

Not knowing about the internals of QGIS server 2x (and 3x) I wonder if
this something we need to avoid? Are the UUID identifiers of a symbology
rule relevant and absolutely need to be unique? Do we have to avoid such
id clashes?

The "human readable" nature of qgs/qml files naturally seduce people to
copy / paste and mix project stuff together in text editors ...

Thank you for your feedback on this topic.

Andreas