[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server 2.x and caching question

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:06:33 PDT 2019

Hi Andreas,
Wow good catch finding the causes of such an issue!
I can't answer myself on the technical part.

> The "human readable" nature of qgs/qml files naturally seduce people to
> copy / paste and mix project stuff together in text editors ...

Well, I don't quite agree here. Doing copy paste with our wml structure is
not human, it's a proof that human can be very ingenious :) !  I wouldn't
ever recommend that. I have just tried to play with git and diff for a long
time with QGS project files, and I wouldn't ever recommand to do that.
Replacing datasources is probably the only safe thing to do in this XML
file.
I would just wait to see if we see that ever again before tackling this.
Best regards
Régis